This piece is brought to you by aquamamma® but is all our own words and thoughts.
Is there anything more delicious than a brand spankin’ new baby? The smell of their teeny weeny heads and milky breath and then those tiny little tootsies. Yum.
I visited Stace and her new little man Mack the other day. Macky boy is six weeks old and he is SO delicious. There is nothing more magical than seeing your best mate in her element as a mum. Stace and I have been like sisters since we were sixteen and as kids we used to say how incredible it would be if we became mums at the same time. Fast forward 15 years and we both started to breed.
We tagged teamed having boy after boy and Stace has just upped me with her new addition of Mack. Going through the ups and downs of being mums together is pretty special. Our teenage dream literally came true and we lean on each other for so much advice and sanity when it comes to navigating motherhood.
Sitting with Stace the other day while she fed Mack, we started talking about how full on the newborn stage is. We are programmed for it all to become a blur for good reason. The sleepless nights, the sore tatas, the confronting body changes, etc etc.
I asked Stace if she could pick five things that have been the most crucial/helpful since having Mack, what they would be.
This is what she said.
- Having her mum come over and fold the washing. Seriously this is the best gift you can give a new mum, any mum really. The washing and folding is relentless. You end up drowning in odd socks, mini singlets and spew rags. Help keeping the wild beast of laundry under control is essential.
- Dry Shampoo. This bad boy can get you through some dark and unwashed times. A little life/hair saver that makes you look a little less like a wrecked grease ball.
- aquamamma®. Stace is breastfeeding little Mack and that job makes you bloody thirsty. Her fridge is stocked with chilled aquamamma® because it helps keep her hydrated while feeding. aquamamma® has been specifically developed by an Australian obstetrician and has added folic acid, and is low in sugar and low in sodium. It’s a great beverage for pregnant women and breastfeeding dames.
- Baby carrier. Mack wants to be held A LOT, so the baby carrier has been a back and sanity saver. Having your hands free while still holding your bub is bloody awesome. It’s the little things when you are in the thick of it.
- Baby feeder apps so you can record feeds and what teet was last attended to by bub. No good relying on your foggy brain for this information.
And elastic waisted pants. Nuff said.
It ain’t easy having a little baby that is for sure, sometimes it’s the little things that make it all a bit easier.
* Good news for our Show + Tell peeps (YOU), head to aquamamma.com.au and enter aq20%st at the cart to receive 20% off and free shipping. Valid in AU until 25th May 2017, not to be used with any other offers and excludes samples.
aquamamma is also an awesome gift for expecting mums and mums with their new bubs so take advantage of this discount and your gifts are sorted.
(R) AQUAMAMMA is a registered trade mark. CH-0239 05/17