Ryan Reynolds likes to think he knows a thing or two about nailing the whole delivery room process now that he’s done it twice – quite successfully according to him. His wife, actress Blake Lively, has given birth to their two gorgeous little babes with him by her side and now he wants to share his knowledge with the world – in a way that only Ryan can! The Deadpool actor sat down with GQ magazine to reveal his top tips for dads in the delivery room, let me warn you, it’s absolute gold!
1. “Be in the room. You’re not Don Draper.” That seems wise. Under no circumstances is it okay to not turn up to this event.
2. “Be judicious with the photographs you take. Because a photo of your daughter crowning hanging on the refrigerator, that’s not going to help anyone.” Yes, if there are other jobs to be done, do them.
3. “Your wife will pretty much never think it’s funny or charming if you tip your imaginary top hat and say, ‘At your cervix’…don’t do that.” More of a warning, but very important, none the less.
‘At your cervix’…don’t do that.
4. Don’t forget your place. “You’re pretty much the least important thing in the room.” His ranking goes like this: “your wife, the baby, the doctor, the nurse, the doula, if you have one, and….the air.”
5. “Stay positive. When your partner “asks if everything’s OK down there,” respond in the affirmative but don’t yell, “better than ever.”
You can watch the video in full here:
Do you have any delivery room tips for dads?