We’re always on the lookout for a new salad recipe here at Show + Tell and this one is a goodie! And if this is good enough for Gwyneth then who are we to argue?! There are a lot ingredients, but don’t be put off by that, most of them are things you’ll already have.
What you’ll need:
for the salad
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 head bok choy, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin matchsticks
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- handful of coriander, chopped
- handful of toasted sesame seeds
for the chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- 8-10 black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs of coriander
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut in half
- 1 medium stalk celery, cut in half
for the dressing
- 1 small clove of garlic, peeled and finely grated
- one 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon spicy toasted sesame oil
What to do:
For the chicken: Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of a wide pan over medium high heat and add enough water to cover by one inch. Add the aromatics and bring the water to a boil, then immediately turn down to a simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes, turn off and let the breasts sit in the water for about another 15 minutes. When cool, pull the breasts apart into shreds, as thick or thin as you like, and set aside.
Place all dressing ingredients except the sesame oil into a small mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil to combine.
Place all the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the chicken, pour the dressing over the top and mix.
Yep, it’s that easy! Enjoy. B xx