Remember when working from home sounded like the ultimate dream? You’d get up early to go for a run or do pilates in the time you’d save on the commute. You’d get dressed up for the day, smash out your tasks quicker than ever and of course, you’d have the coolest desk/office space ever. It would be the perfect set-up.
Ha. Haa. Haaaaaa.
When Covid hit and we were all FORCED to work from home, the reality didn’t really match up to the fantasy. The morning exercise gave way to an extra sleep in. That ‘get-up and get dressed’ bit? If you’re lucky, tracksuit pants and a quick hair brush was your look (but let’s be honest – most of us rocked pyjama bottoms and an unwashed top knot). And that cool desk set up? Yeah, nah. The couch is your new office and your back is FARKED as a result.
As so many of us continue #workfromhomelyf, there’s no doubt that a beautiful work space can really make all the difference to our motivation levels. Also, they’re damn pretty to look at and spicing them up to look fresher, cooler and downright rad is easier than you think.
Here are some easy tips and gorge inspo pics to get those creative juices flowing…
- Make the space cozy and homey, but don’t go too far with the cozy you don’t want to snooze when you need to work.
- Choose pics, prints and art that inspire you and make you want to sit in the space
- Colour is good…I always find it easier to start with a neutral palette (meaning white walls) so you can choose your furniture and accessories for the wow factor. And let’s be frank, that way you can always change the look with a few swapsies…we can’t change the paint in a few minutes.
- A cool chair is what makes the space look the best it can be, so research properly.
- A cool rug, bookshelf, books and fresh flowers are a must!!
Check out these super cool pics for some inspiration….
Hope this inspires you to spice it up!
Get our chat with the gorgeous Leila Gurruwiwi in your ears below and subscribe to our pod here.